Wednesday, January 26, 2011

In the Library scent


I have serendipitously discovered CB I Hate Perfume a small company that, ironically, makes perfumes. However, this is not your usual collection of lavender and rose scents. With names like "In the Library", "Under the Arbor", "At the Beach, 1966" and "Burning Leaves", their collection of scents is eclectic, nostalgic and completely unique. They will even construct a scent specifically for you and tailored to your tastes and lifestyle. Cool stuff....

In the Library is a warm blend of English Novel, Russian & Moroccan Leather Bindings, Worn Cloth and a hint of Wood Polish

The main note in this scent was copied from one of my favorite novels originally published in 1927. I happened to find a signed first edition in pristine condition many years ago in London. I was more than a little excited because there were only ever a hundred of these in the first place. It had a marvelous warm woody slightly sweet smell and I set about immediately to bottle it.

No comments: